Recipes

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Apple Update for January

They're growing, they're REALLY growing!!!



 




So my little Opal apple trees, in their little pots, started peeking through the soil around January 11, 2016. For those of you who do not know, I (Mrs. Gardener) am not a grower; well, I haven't been in the past. However, I have to say that my first dip into the gardening pool is really exciting (like a kid, I am)! When I saw the little bit-o-green pushing its way up out of the dirt, I have to admit, I was ecstatic. My DH thinks it's amusing, but to his credit, he believes that everyone has to start somewhere, with something. I just like apples and I never start with anything small.

Anyhoo, below are a couple of pictures of my journey. When Dear Daughter (DD) gets a bit older, we're going to get her started with her own little plants so she can track this miraculous process and, here's hoping, she will also be as thrilled with partaking in the adventure.

Apple trees as of January 11, 2016


As of January 22...


As of January 29...


And as of January 31...



Next up, our February stats. Some exciting stuff is happening kids!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment